Friday 1 July 2011

Translation: El Canto del Loco - Besos




The first time I watched this on Youtube it came with a warning: this song is addictive! Extremely happy-making Spanishness even before you know (roughly) what the lyrics mean.

"Hey, listen, why
have you come out into the street, you, so cool
And tell me why
have you thrown away three hours in the mirror
making yourself attractive to ensnare,
out in the street and you don't think
that this means nothing.
That you're not going to impress anyone
that the best part, what's important, is in kisses.

And that's what I want, kisses.
Every morning I am woken up with them,
in the afternoon keep the kisses coming 
and later at night, give me kisses for dinner.

And tell me why
have you put a thousand creams on your body today
if no one can see them.
And I know your senses have left you.
You have to start afresh.
You have the things that remain external
and you hardly think of anything else
for better or for worse.
Metrosexual and lacking kisses.

And stop and see,
That those that love you don't see those things.
They just want to see that wink in your eye,
Uninhibited."